The Central Florida Council wants to make your unit charter renewal easier for you!
For units submitting their recharter for 2023 please use the information below to submit your recharter.
The Central Florida Council wants to make your unit Re-charter easier for you!
Today, you are receiving the first of many tools to help your unit continue providing leadership skills and life training to your youth. This is the annual opportunity for charter organizations to recommit to the youth of our communities. Our commissioner and professional teams have developed a series of training materials, informational presentations, and a workshop for the 2023 process. The biggest change when compared to last year’s re-charter process is the Central Florida Council will be conducting its upcoming re-charter process via paper re-charters, not online. Below are some important dates you will need to know.
September / October
Youth Protection – Youth Protection Training (YPT) is required of all registered adult volunteers. The BSA continues to have a comprehensive training program for all Scouting adults. We’ve had great success getting our 4,000-plus adults in compliance, but there are still some that need the training and we cannot process the unit charter if any of its adults are not current with their YPT. Copies of each unit YPT Aging Report, identifying those individuals, will be handed out at the October Roundtable along with the unit’s re-charter packages.
Unit membership Inventories (October 1-15) – Commissioner and/or District Executive will be contacting you to review your newly recruited membership from the fall campaign. The Unit Membership Inventory is an important step to having a successful re-charter and helps identify any unregistered youth. In addition, please provide a copy of your unit’s roster to complete the membership inventory. Look for more details on this in an upcoming email to unit leaders.
Roundtable – Your 2023 Re-charter packet will be given out at October Roundtable. Each district will be hosting a Re-charter Workshop the night of October Roundtable to guide you through the Re-charter renewal process.
Roster Review- Please use the month of October to verify all youth & adults planning on renewing for the 2023-2024 calendar year of Scouting. Please contact any youth or adult you haven’t seen at meetings recently to see if they want to continue their participation in Scouting.
Re-charters are due! – You will be turning in your 2023 charters to your commissioner team at your November Roundtable. Many districts are holding early turn-in dates prior to November Roundtable. We encourage you to take advantage of those opportunities to avoid the crush at Roundtable. All charters must be 100% complete at turn-in or they cannot be accepted. Remember, if a unit’s charter lapses, they cannot provide the Scouting program to their youth – no advancement, no meetings / activities and no one is covered by insurance.
We hope these tools make this process easier than ever and thank you for all that you do in Scouting!
Items that must be submitted at November Roundable:
- Signed Annual Charter Agreement
- Recharter payment
- Amount Due Calculation Sheet
- Youth Protection Training Certificates for any adults listed on the Adults Without YPT Report found in your recharter packet
- Adult and youth applications for youth and adults that are not on the attached updated National Council membership roster
- The updated National Council membership roster (attached to this email):
- As a reminder, you can change adult leader positions on this National Council membership roster (If a Den Leader is now an Assistant Cubmaster, you can put a line through Den Leader and write Assistant Cubmaster on top…you do not need to submit an adult application for an adult leader position change at recharter time).
- If you notice youth and or adults that are missing please submit a youth and or adult application(s) (with the Criminal Background check forms) in your recharter packet
- If a youth and or adult is no longer with your Pack, Troop, Crew or Ship please put a line through them and they will be dropped in 2023.
- Before putting a line through a youth or adult please remember to contact all youth and adults that are on your updated National Council membership roster as many youth and adults participate in many other activities along with Scouting and maybe planning to return to Scouting
- Top page from the National Council membership roster that was included in your recharter packet which includes signatures from the executive officer and the unit leader…this page looks like: